Making an assessment accommodations schedule

At our school, like all schools, we have students with learning differences. When students qualify, the IB grants them testing accommodations. This could be someone to read the questions to them, the use of certain technology, but mostly it means these students are granted additional time. 

In order to be informed about upcoming assessments, we looked to using a Google Form. 

The initial version of the data from the Form was functional but hard to read. The results sheet was on a separate file and the data was hard to read. 




I did a few things that would help me if I were looking at it. I organized it by the date of the assessment to be first. Then I added the grade and class of the student. I needed to know when the assessment was and how long it was. I also removed tests that were over and ordered the tests in reverse chronological order - all to help me stay organized.

Here is what I came up with using a QUERY formula.

----------
=QUERY('IAA Requests'!A1:P, "SELECT D, B, C, G, E, A, I, J, K, L, F WHERE D >= DATE '"&TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy-MM-dd")&"' ORDER BY D ASC")
----------

From here, after the Notes column is a column for Accommodations. Those are pulled from the student IEPs. It is just something that helps me.



My next step is to make one for the whole class. So the teacher says, "Grade 12 Physics is having an exam on Monday", give me the information of the assessment, and then the spreadsheet would show students and their testing accommodations using a FILTER formula.

Comments